Thursday, March 8, 2012

The First "Egg" Recipe

You may be expecting Eggs Benedict, a fancy frittata, or something else of the sort...but let me introduce you to the 6th member of our family (Edy the cat, and our dogs Schatzi and Jimmy count as 3, 4, and 5)....the Big Green Egg.

He doesn't have a name, although he may be worthy one....we are open to suggestions through our comments *hint* *hint* :)

Back to the egg...we received this as a wedding gift from my hubby's oh-so-wonderful aunt and uncle (I reference you again to our comments section) and his lovely sister. It is, as they profess it to be, "the ultimate cooking experience". Essentially it is a charcoal grill meets smoker meets ceramic cooking chamber, so you can grill, smoke, and even bake on this outdoor Komodo-style oven. Let me break it down even simpler for you. WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE the egg...and even consider ourselves self-proclaimed "egg-heads".
That brings me to the posting of our first "egg" recipe. We can't take credit for coming up with this ourselves, we get most of our recipes from the BGE (big green egg) forum website which I have listed under blogs I follow. The recipe is called Ain't Momma's Meatloaf and can be found here.

I've included a less than impressive picture of the final product...but I assure you..it was DELISH!! And I'm sure the recipe could be adapted for non-eggers. Bon apetit!

1 comment:

  1. You made me look up Dizzy Pig Cow Lick. What would we do without google? No complaints about the picture of the finished dish. I almost can smell it except but since I don't know DPCL I wouldn't know how it smells. Any leftovers?

    ReplyDelete