Friday, March 9, 2012

Hair today, Gone tomorrow.

Our dear Schatzi...*sigh* .....Bless her heart....

This is what she looked like this morning....





I absolutely ADORE her Shaggy hair! Even though she still sheds like crazy (even though she's not supposed to being a "doodle"), it gets stinky, and she picks up every burr, twig, and piece of anything she comes across like velcro.  I LOVE it. I call her my little Snuffaluffagus.

Can you see the resemblence?? A little bit??


But you can only imagine the type of a heat a fur coat like that can create.  She has been panting like crazy on the 50+, no wait 65+ degree days we have been having this mild winter. I've been holding out, but now that it is March and this weekend is the unofficial start to spring, we finally decided to put our sweet girl out of her misery with a haircut.  She had no idea what was coming for her when she raced to get in the car with adventure and excitement, but was less than thrilled to get out of the car at PetSmart.  After she gets over the initial shock/embarrassment of her new-found nakedness, I'm sure she will be 100 times happier and more comfortable.....and we'll love her just the same (except for Edy and Jimmy, I'm sure they will be teasing her!)

Here are the after pictures of sweet, beautiful, (more poodle looking) Schatzi!



3 comments:

  1. Love especially the very last photo in this blog. Thanks for sharing. Tell her we will still love her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how true it is but someone once told me that long haired dogs aren't meant to be shaved because it actually helps them cool down.....but Schatzi looks a lot happier with shorter hair so I might have been told bologna.

    HOPE you blog about your craft projects. I really enjoy the picture texts you send me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how she is actually sitting on the deck in that last picture!
    YAY for blogging!

    ReplyDelete