Sunday, May 27, 2012

$20 Party = Priceless Fun

Once a month we get together with one of our favorite couples, Andrea and Jared, for an inexpensive double-date night. We rotate houses to share the cooking and cleaning responsibilities. Before the night ends, we choose the date and food for the next month so there is no stress in trying to plan a menu. Wade and I look forward to this so much!!

 

Last month we had decided on Taco Salads for May 25th at our house! The first of these dinners with the new kitchen! Well, Fridays are my day off, and I had gone by a nearby consignment store just to poke around and came across these little gems that inspired me to spice up the decorations a little bit!

Are you ready for this??????

I know it's Memorial Day weekend, so a red, white, and blue theme would have been more appropriate...but who doesn't get excited about a Mexican luau!! :)

I also stopped by the dollar tree to add a few more touches of festivity and for less than $8 I came up with all this!!

I guess this was kind of my attempt to throw in a little memorial day fireworks decor!

We even had Skinny Sangria!!

  • 1 bottle inexpensive red wine
  • 1 cup fresca
  • 1 cup club soda
  • Fruit of your choice
 

For the taco salads, I spritzed some tortilla shells with cooking spray and baked them at 375 for 15 min over muffin cups to make taco bowls!

Also on the menu:

  • Cilantro-lime rice (I tried to make it like chipotle's but it turned out a little mushy, I would try something different next time)
  • Black beans
  • Fajita steak, chicken, peppers, onion
  • Guacamole
  • Lettuce, salsa, sour cream, cheese
 

 

And the grand finale for the evening!!!!!!

LIMBO!!! Haha!!

We cranked up Chubby Checker's tune on YouTube and limbo'd! What a silly time, but Soooo much fun!!!

Glad we have friends just as silly as us to have a great time!!

The menu for next month: Fish and grilled peaches drizzled with wine :)

 

1 comment: