Friday, June 15, 2012

I like Justin Bieber

There....I said it...

I've publicly confessed that I've come down with a case of Bieber Fever!

Haha! How did this happen you ask??? Well, I've always had a thing for hip-hop boy-band types dating back to NKOTB (new kids on the block), then Backstreet Boys, and NSYNC....ohhhh, how I love(d) NSYNC! :)

I'll also fully admit that their music is not particularly prophetic, mostly just about falling in and out of love with girls, but I just love the beats, melodies (if you can call it that) and the energy that flows through the songs. I would consider them iconic in the fact that they have incredible influence over younger generations....I mean people camped out for 3 days for a chance to be front row at his free concert on the today show! AND, on top of that, their parents either ALLOWED them to do this in NYC (say it with in the Texas Pace salsa southern twang, New YOWRK Cittty??? Get a rope), or they camped out WITH them for a chance to see Bieber. And remember the Influence of the Bieber hairstyle??

Now, I'm not saying that I would sleep outside for 3 nights to see him perform. I'm actually perfectly content to watch from my comfy chair, cup of coffee and still in pj's, but in my observations, I think there is no denying that Bieber is an incredible performer. I also get the impression that he's a genuine person, thankful for the blessings and talents bestowed upon him, that he loves what he does, and most importantly, he realizes the power and influence that he has. We can just hope he continues to use this and be a positive example for humanity.

So, my favorite part of the Justin Bieber today show concert??? They had a sign contest and the winner of "best sign" chosen by Justin, received 2 free concert tickets. They brought the winner on stage, happened to be about a 6 year old girl with her father, and Justin said, "hi! I'm Justin! Nice to meet you! What's your name?" haHahahahha!!!! I laughed out loud (lol'd). I think she probably knew his name!!! Then he also said they could have 3 tickets so the girl could go with her dad AND mom! That's just considerate!

The kid has not had a normal upbringing. Essentially, he was forced into a full time very public job at age 13. I give him props for the work he puts into it to be a success, it cant be easy, and the mature way he handles himself in interviews. Not everyone can do that, and so many famous people succumb to the dangerous temptations that can come along with fame and fortune. I pray for Bieber to stay true to his beliefs and not be tempted by these things.

So, baby, baby, baby ohhhhhhhh....

Call me old fashioned, but my one critique of bieber is that I wish he would pull up his pants!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment