Friday, April 20, 2012

Small town, Big time!

 

My husband's family is from southwest Virginia...a small town called Pulaski (pronounced Pew-la-ski). Haha! Actually, I don't know if that's the official phonetical spelling! I'm sure at one time it was a thriving little town, but now we enjoy visiting for the quietness and quaintness. As 2012 has started out as a very busy year, we had not visited since Christmas. This past weekend we made the 3 hour trip back to celebrate Nana's birthday. Even as I describe Pulaski as quiet and quaint, do not mistake this as boring. I took full advantage to practice my photography skills and document our visit.

The highlight of the weekend for the dogs, I'm sure, was playing in the creek behind Wade's parents' house. There seemed to be more water, errr mud than usual, so they took full advantage!

Jimmy likes to "dig" in the water.

 

Little did we know about 3 minutes after we called the dogs back into the fenced part of the yard, about 4-6 deer ran through the woods right where we were! The dogs were upset they couldn't chase them, but boy, were we lucky they couldn't go after them!!

You just barely see the deer running across the road in the top of the picture.

My handsome hubby and F-I-L.

 

Silly Schatzi!!! Scratching her back in the grass... I call this move the bicycle!

Jimmy is more the serious type. He enjoys the company and sunbathing after a big time in the creek!

 

 

 

What a tongue!!!

In the afternoon, we stopped in at Nana's house to say hello. Leslie, Wade's aunt, was visiting from Michigan with her two dogs.

This is Bella.

 

And this is Chloe.....

And these are Chloe's toenails. Maybe one of my favorite pics from the weekend. I love the way the dog's feet are posed and everything!!!

In the evening before dinner, my FMIL Kathy had invited their neighbors that are about our age over for appetizers, smoked salmon. Yum!

They have a very sweet and beautiful almost 2 year old daughter who is quite the entertainer. Although I have many adorable pics of her, I just want to post my favorite.

Does this not just make your heart meeeelt! Baby girl giving her daddy a kiss! Precious!!

And what a nice family they are!!

 

 

 

Dinner was grilled pizza. Toppings were

  1. Veggie: peppers, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella
  2. Meat: pepperoni and sausage, mozzarella
  3. Creative: grilled pineapple, spinach, feta
Everything was Delish! Grilling just makes such a difference in taste!

 

 

 

Some family pictures:

 

The grillmaster and his helper.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nana with 2 of her 3 children. Billy was Able to come by the next day.

Nana and Wade

Leslie and Wade. Poor wade, I just realized he's in so many pictures. He was a good sport and never complained :)

Newlyweds!

Happy

Happy Birthday Nana! Hope you had a wonderful day!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. GREAT pictures! Happy Birthday to Aunt Becky! I guess this answers my question as to whether you all were in Pulaski!!
    HA!
    That pizza looks delish!

    ReplyDelete